Welcome to Aylsworth ...
Although we found mention of Aylsworth during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aylsworth was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aylsworth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aylsworth, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aylsworth might be (or was) located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC), CDT- Heure Avancée du Centre (HAC).
We believe that Aylsworth would be found within the (807) area code.
Communities near Aylsworth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aylsworth.
- Fort Frances
- International Falls [Koochiching County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for International Falls
- International Falls [Koochiching County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Aylsworth
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,714 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for International Falls have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on International Falls
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for International Falls<3>
- Littlefork [Koochiching County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Littlefork
- Littlefork [Koochiching County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Aylsworth
- Population from the 2020 Census: 582 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Littlefork have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Littlefork
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Littlefork<3>
- Manitou Rapids 11
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manitou Rapids 11
- Manitou Rapids 11 lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Aylsworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manitou Rapids 11 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manitou Rapids 11
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Box Alder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Box Alder
- Box Alder lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Aylsworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Box Alder came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Box Alder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dermid
- Dermid lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Aylsworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dermid came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dermid
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barwick
- Barwick lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Aylsworth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barwick
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burriss
- Burriss lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Aylsworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burriss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burriss
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnhart
- Barnhart lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Aylsworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barnhart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnhart
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Aylsworth. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Aylsworth.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Aylsworth. See our Newspapers Page for Aylsworth.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aylsworth ...
Looking for more information about Aylsworth? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aylsworth, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aylsworth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aylsworth and then turned west". While Aylsworth could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aylsworth as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aylsworth could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aylsworth) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aylsworth. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AylsworthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aylsworth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5464, Longitude: -93.8086 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|