Welcome to Dermid ...
Although we found mention of Dermid during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dermid was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dermid to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dermid, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dermid might be (or was) located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC), CDT- Heure Avancée du Centre (HAC).
We believe that Dermid would be found within the (807) area code.
Communities near Dermid ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dermid.
- Fort Frances
- International Falls [Koochiching County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for International Falls
- International Falls [Koochiching County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Dermid
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,811 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for International Falls have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on International Falls
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for International Falls<3>
- Ranier [Koochiching County]
- Manitou Rapids 11
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manitou Rapids 11
- Manitou Rapids 11 lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manitou Rapids 11 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manitou Rapids 11
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnhart
- Barnhart lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barnhart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnhart
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burriss
- Burriss lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burriss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burriss
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devlin
- Devlin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devlin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Devlin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dance
- Dance lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dance came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dance
- Box Alder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Box Alder
- Box Alder lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Dermid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Box Alder came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Box Alder
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Dermid. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Dermid.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Dermid. See our Newspapers Page for Dermid.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dermid ...
Looking for more information about Dermid? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dermid, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dermid.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Dermid and then turned west". While Dermid could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dermid as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dermid could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dermid) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dermid. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dermid
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dermid. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6789, Longitude: -93.7381
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|