Welcome to Aspdin ...
Although we found mention of Aspdin during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aspdin was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aspdin to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aspdin, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aspdin might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Aspdin would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Aspdin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Aspdin - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aspdin.
Communities near Aspdin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aspdin.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allensville
- Allensville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Aspdin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allensville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ravenscliffe
- Ravenscliffe lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Aspdin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ravenscliffe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ravenscliffe
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Utterson
- Utterson lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Aspdin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Utterson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yearley
- Yearley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Aspdin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yearley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yearley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Aspdin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ilfracombe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Aspdin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Haldane Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haldane Hill
- Haldane Hill lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Aspdin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haldane Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haldane Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hekkla
- Hekkla lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Aspdin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hekkla came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hekkla
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aspdin ...
Looking for more information about Aspdin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aspdin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aspdin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aspdin and then turned west". While Aspdin could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aspdin as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aspdin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aspdin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aspdin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AspdinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aspdin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2978, Longitude: -79.3708 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|