Welcome to Ashby Mill ...
Although we found mention of Ashby Mill during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Ashby Mill was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Ashby Mill to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashby Mill, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Ashby Mill: Ashby Ml. (or less commonly used: Ashby Mll.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ashby Mill might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Ashby Mill would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Ashby Mill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashby Mill.
- Cordova Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordova Mines
- Cordova Mines lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Ashby Mill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cordova Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cordova Mines
- Round Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanwood
- Stanwood lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Ashby Mill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanwood
- Trent River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trent River
- Trent River lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Ashby Mill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trent River
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Allan Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allan Mills
- Allan Mills lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Ashby Mill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan Mills
- Crowe Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowe Bridge
- Crowe Bridge lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Ashby Mill
- Crowe Bridge has also been known as:
- Crow Bridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowe Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kellers
- Kellers lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Ashby Mill
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Kellers. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kellers
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland
- Woodland lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Ashby Mill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Connellys
- Connellys lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Ashby Mill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Connellys
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ashby Mill ...
Looking for more information about Ashby Mill? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ashby Mill, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ashby Mill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ashby Mill and then turned west". While Ashby Mill could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ashby Mill as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ashby Mill could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ashby Mill) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ashby Mill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ashby Mill
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashby Mill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4678, Longitude: -77.8256
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|