Welcome to Marmora ...
Marmora is 600 feet [183 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Marmora lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Marmora: (613) & (343)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Marmora: K0K<3>
Communities Also Named Marmora ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 2 communities that are also named Marmora - they are located in Nebraska and New Jersey.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Marmora.
Communities near Marmora ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Marmora.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blairton
- Blairton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonarlaw
- Bonarlaw lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bonarlaw
- Allan Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allan Mills
- Allan Mills lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan Mills
- Freeman Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freeman Corners
- Freeman Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Marmora.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Freeman Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freeman Corners
- Blairton Station ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blairton Station
- Blairton Station was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Marmora.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Blairton Station. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Chase Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chase Corners
- Chase Corners lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chase Corners
- Cordova Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordova Mines
- Cordova Mines lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Marmora.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cordova Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cordova Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malone
- Malone lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockdale
- Rockdale lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Marmora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockdale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Marmora ...
Looking for more information about Marmora? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Marmora, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Marmora.
Adding Marmora to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Marmora was on a map titled Road Map for Ontario (from Shell Oil, 1955).
We also found Marmora mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railway Time Tables (October 1899).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Marmora.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marmora. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Marmora - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Marmora, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Marmora). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Marmora or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Marmora) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Marmora. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MarmoraOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marmora. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4828, Longitude: -77.6822 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|