Welcome to Anderson Lake Station ...
Although we found mention of Anderson Lake Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Anderson Lake Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Anderson Lake Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anderson Lake Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Anderson Lake Station: Anderson Lk. Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Anderson Lake Station might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Anderson Lake Station would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Anderson Lake Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Anderson Lake Station.
- Whitefish River 4
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitefish River 4
- Whitefish River 4 lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Anderson Lake Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitefish River 4 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitefish River 4
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carson
- Carson lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Anderson Lake Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carson
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lorne
- Lorne lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Anderson Lake Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lorne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willisville
- Willisville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Anderson Lake Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willisville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Willisville<4>
- Whitefish Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McKerrow
- McKerrow lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Anderson Lake Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McKerrow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McKerrow
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for McKerrow<4>
- Nairn Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nairn Centre
- Nairn Centre lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Anderson Lake Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nairn Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nairn Centre
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Anderson Lake Station ...
Looking for more information about Anderson Lake Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Anderson Lake Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Anderson Lake Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Anderson Lake Station and then turned west". While Anderson Lake Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Anderson Lake Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Anderson Lake Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anderson Lake Station) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anderson Lake Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2264, Longitude: -81.7114
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|