Welcome to Carson ...
Although we found mention of Carson during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Carson was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Carson to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Carson, please Contact Us.
When the people of Carson refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Carsonite<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Carson might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Carson would be found within the (705) and (249)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Carson ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 24 communities that are also named Carson - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carson.
Communities near Carson ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carson.
- Whitefish River 4
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitefish River 4
- Whitefish River 4 lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Carson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitefish River 4 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitefish River 4
- Anderson Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anderson Lake
- Anderson Lake lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Carson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anderson Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- McGregor Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGregor Bay
- McGregor Bay lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Carson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McGregor Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGregor Bay
- Birch Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Island
- Birch Island lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Carson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Birch Island<5>
- Lee Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee Valley
- Lee Valley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Carson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lee Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lorne
- Lorne lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Carson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lorne
- Dinner Point Depot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dinner Point Depot
- Dinner Point Depot lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Carson
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dinner Point Depot. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dinner Point Depot
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carson ...
Looking for more information about Carson? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carson, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Carson and then turned east". While Carson could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Carson as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Carson could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Carson refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Carson may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1642, Longitude: -81.7436
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|