Welcome to Ameliasburg ...
Although we found mention of Ameliasburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Ameliasburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Ameliasburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ameliasburg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ameliasburg might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Ameliasburg would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Ameliasburg: K0K<3>
Communities near Ameliasburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ameliasburg.
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Quinte West
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Prince Edward
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Prince Edward
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Albury came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Albury
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Albury
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
(5 miles [8 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bayside came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayside
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bayside
(5 miles [8 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillier
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hillier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hillier <4>
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Astra came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Astra
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Astra
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crofton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crofton
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Crofton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ameliasburg ...
Looking for more information about Ameliasburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ameliasburg, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ameliasburg.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ameliasburg and then turned west". While Ameliasburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ameliasburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ameliasburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Ameliasburg, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ameliasburg). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ameliasburg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|