Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Penelope.
Our newspaper information for Penelope is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Penelope. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Penelope. Our list contains 35 papers that were published within 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> of Penelope.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Penelope.
Newspapers Neighboring Penelope ...
The following newspapers were published within 19 miles [30.6 km] of Penelope.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Penelope.
- Published In Whitney Point ...
- Nioga Reporter (from 1873)
- The Broome Gazette (from 1858)
- Whitney's Point Reporter (from 1877)
- Published In Lisle ...
- Lisle Gleaner And New Era (from 1913)
- Lisle Gleaner (from 1926)
- New Era (from 1913)
- The Lisle Gleaner (from 1871)
- Published In Marathon [Cortland County] ...
- Marathon Telegraph (from 1856)
- The 7 Valley Villager (from 1961)
- The Independent Villager (from 1971)
- The Marathon Leader (from 1866)
- The Marathon Mirror (from 1863)
- The Marathon News (from 1869)
- The Marathon Weekly News (from 1868)
- The People's Journal (from 1861)
- Published In Cincinnatus [Cortland County] ...
- The Cincinnatus Review (from 1930)
- The Cincinnatus Star (from 1939)
- The Cincinnatus Times (from 1950)
- The Cincinnatus Times (from 1898)
- Published In Greene [Chenango County] ...
- Chenango Patriot (from 18??)
- The Chenango American (from 1855)
- The Chenango Democrat (from 1833)
- The Chenango News (from 1851)
- The Greene Weekly News (from 1881)
- Published In Chenango Forks ...
- Broome County Herald (from 1889)
- Chenango Forks Herald (from 1888)
- Published In Oxford [Chenango County] ...
- Chenango County Democrat (from 1863)
- Chenango Patriot (from 1809)
- Chenango Republican, Or, Oxford Gazette And People's Advocate (from 1826)
- Chenango Whig, And Miscellaneous Journal (from 1834)
- Chips (from 19??)
- Published during 19??
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Chips
- Holdings for: LCCN SN93063642
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 28383875
- Oxford Gazette (from 1813)
- Oxford Press (from 1899)
- Oxford Republican (from 1831)
- Oxford Times (from 1838)
- The Oxford Review-Times (from 1915)
- The Oxford Review (from 1909)
- The President (from 1808)
- The Review-Times (from 1958)
- Published In North Pharsalia [Chenango County] ...
- Quill And Press (from 18??)
- Published In Richford [Tioga County] ...
- The Post Express (from 1884)
- Published In Port Crane ...
- Published In South Otselic [Chenango County] ...
- South Otselic Gazette (from 1891)
- The Otselic Herald (from 1885)
- The Otselic Valley News (from 1905)
- Published In Cortland [Cortland County] ...
- We know of 33 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Cortland. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Cortland
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> of Penelope. This extended list includes all the papers from Cortland. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Penelope
- Published In Newark Valley [Tioga County] ...
- Tioga County Herald (from 1876)
- Published In South Cortland [Cortland County] ...
- So Cortland Luminary And Reformed Methodist Intelligencer (from 1837)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Penelope. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Broome County: www.gobroomecounty.com/
The official website for State of New York: https://www.ny.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Penelope) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Penelope. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.4137, Longitude: -75.8952 In this case, the coordinates for Penelope have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|