Welcome to Awakening ...
So far, we have found very little information about Awakening. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Awakening to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Awakening, please Contact Us.
Awakening would have been located within present day Humboldt County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Awakening, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Awakening was founded in 1911.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Awakening is 4,740 feet [1,445 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Awakening is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Awakening was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Awakening would have been located in the (775) area code.
Communities near Awakening ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Awakening.
- Daveytown [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daveytown
- Daveytown [Humboldt County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Awakening
- Amos [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amos
- Amos [Humboldt County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Awakening
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amos have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Happy Creek Station [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Creek Station
- Happy Creek Station [Humboldt County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Awakening
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Happy Creek Station have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Creek Station
- Paradise Hill [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Hill
- Paradise Hill [Humboldt County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Awakening
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Hill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Orovada [Humboldt County]
- Platora [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Platora
- Platora [Humboldt County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the northeast of Awakening
- Paradise Valley [Humboldt County]
- Pronto [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pronto
- Pronto [Humboldt County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the south of Awakening
- Krum [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Krum
- Krum [Humboldt County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the south of Awakening
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Krum. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tule [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tule
- Tule [Humboldt County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Awakening
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tule
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Awakening. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Awakening.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Awakening. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Awakening.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Awakening. See our Newspapers Page for Awakening.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nevada
About Humboldt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Humboldt County: www.humboldt-county-nv.net/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Awakening, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Humboldt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Awakening - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Awakening) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Awakening. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AwakeningOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Awakening. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.3598, Longitude: -118.0341 In this case, the coordinates for Awakening have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|