Welcome to Adaven ...
So far, we have found very little information about Adaven. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Adaven to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Adaven, please Contact Us.
Adaven would have been located within present day Nye County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Adaven, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
The origin (or the toponymy) of Adaven: 'Nevada' spelled backwards.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Adaven is 6,360 feet [1,939 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Adaven is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Adaven was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Adaven ...
While we believe that this Adaven is located in Nye County, we know of another 2 Nevada communities named Adaven. Those communities are located in the following counties: Elko and Lincoln County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adaven.
Communities near Adaven ...
We have created a list of 6 communities that are near Adaven.
- Heizert City [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heizert City
- Heizert City [Lincoln County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Adaven
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heizert City
- Troy [Nye County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Troy
- Troy [Nye County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the north of Adaven
- Crows Nest [Nye County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crows Nest
- Crows Nest [Nye County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Adaven
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crows Nest have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Grant City [Nye County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grant City
- Grant City [Nye County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the north of Adaven
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grant City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Lockes [Nye County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lockes
- Lockes [Nye County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the north of Adaven
- Rachel [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rachel
- Rachel [Lincoln County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<5> to the south of Adaven
- Former names for Rachel:
- Sandy Springs
- Tempiute Village
- Rachel has also been known as:
- Penoyer Valley
- Sand Springs Valley
- Tem Piute
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rachel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rachel<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nevada
About Nye County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Nye County: www.co.nye.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Adaven, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Nye, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Adaven - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Adaven) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adaven. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Adaven
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adaven. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.1327, Longitude: -115.5990 In this case, the coordinates for Adaven have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|