Welcome to River Hebert ...
The village of River Hebert is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: River Hebert lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
River Hebert lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for River Hebert: B0L<2>
Adding River Hebert to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with River Hebert: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for River Hebert on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named River Hebert ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named River Hebert - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for River Hebert.
Communities near River Hebert ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near River Hebert.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of River Hebert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<4>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of River Hebert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorchester
- Dorchester lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northwest of River Hebert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dorchester came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dorchester<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barronsfield
- Barronsfield lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of River Hebert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barronsfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barronsfield
- Ragged Reef
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ragged Reef
- Ragged Reef lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of River Hebert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ragged Reef came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ragged Reef
- Mill Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mill Creek
- Mill Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of River Hebert
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mill Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mill Creek
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for River Hebert ...
Looking for more information about River Hebert? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for River Hebert, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for River Hebert.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for River Hebert. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around River Hebert - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of River Hebert, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as River Hebert). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether River Hebert or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- River Hebert) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for River Hebert. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from River Hebert
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in River Hebert. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6903, Longitude: -64.3781
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|