Welcome to North Lakevale ...
Although we found mention of North Lakevale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how North Lakevale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added North Lakevale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with North Lakevale, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for North Lakevale: N. Lakevale
Time Zone: The area where we believe that North Lakevale might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that North Lakevale would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for North Lakevale: B2G<2>
Communities near North Lakevale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near North Lakevale.
- Big Marsh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Marsh
- Big Marsh lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of North Lakevale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Big Marsh. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Marsh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgeville
- Georgeville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Georgeville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georgeville
- Antigonish Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antigonish Harbour
- Antigonish Harbour lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of North Lakevale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antigonish Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ballantynes Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ballantynes Cove
- Ballantynes Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ballantynes Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ballantynes Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jimtown
- Jimtown lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jimtown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jimtown
- Mahoneys Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mahoneys Beach
- Mahoneys Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mahoneys Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mahoneys Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maryvale
- Maryvale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maryvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maryvale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cloverville
- Cloverville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of North Lakevale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cloverville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cloverville
- Harbour Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harbour Centre
- Harbour Centre lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of North Lakevale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harbour Centre
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for North Lakevale ...
Looking for more information about North Lakevale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to North Lakevale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for North Lakevale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past North Lakevale and then turned west". While North Lakevale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added North Lakevale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that North Lakevale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of North Lakevale, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as North Lakevale). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether North Lakevale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- North Lakevale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for North Lakevale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from North LakevaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in North Lakevale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7775, Longitude: -61.9547 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|