Welcome to Maryvale ...
Although we found mention of Maryvale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Maryvale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Maryvale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Maryvale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Maryvale might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Maryvale would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Maryvale: B2G<2>
Adding Maryvale to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Maryvale was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Maryvale on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Maryvale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Maryvale - they are located in Arizona, Colorado, Maryland (2), Nova Scotia and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Maryvale.
Communities near Maryvale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Maryvale.
- Brophy - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brophy
- Brophy was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Maryvale
- North Grant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Grant
- North Grant lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Maryvale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Grant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Grant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arisaig
- Arisaig lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Maryvale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arisaig came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arisaig
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Arisaig<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Doctor's Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doctor's Brook
- Doctor's Brook lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Maryvale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Doctor's Brook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Doctor's Brook
- Lower North Grant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower North Grant
- Lower North Grant lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Maryvale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower North Grant
- North Lakevale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Lakevale
- North Lakevale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Maryvale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Lakevale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Lakevale
- Antigonish Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antigonish Harbour
- Antigonish Harbour lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Maryvale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antigonish Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgeville
- Georgeville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Maryvale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Georgeville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georgeville
- Harbour Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harbour Centre
- Harbour Centre lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Maryvale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harbour Centre
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Maryvale ...
Looking for more information about Maryvale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Maryvale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Maryvale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Maryvale and then turned west". While Maryvale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Maryvale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Maryvale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Maryvale, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Maryvale). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Maryvale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Maryvale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Maryvale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MaryvaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Maryvale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7350, Longitude: -62.0439 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|