Welcome to Nappan ...
Although we found mention of Nappan during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Nappan was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Nappan to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Nappan, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Nappan might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Nappan would be found within the (902) area code.
Adding Nappan to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Nappan was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Nappan on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Nappan ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Nappan - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nappan.
Communities near Nappan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nappan.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Nappan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<3>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Nappan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Junction Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Junction Road
- Junction Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Nappan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Junction Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Junction Road
- Salt Springs Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salt Springs Station
- Salt Springs Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Nappan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salt Springs Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fenwick
- Fenwick lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Nappan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fenwick came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fenwick
- North Street
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Street
- North Street lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Nappan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Street came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Street
- Salt Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salt Springs
- Salt Springs lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Nappan
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Salt Springs. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salt Springs
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nappan ...
Looking for more information about Nappan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Nappan, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Nappan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Nappan and then turned west". While Nappan could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Nappan as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Nappan could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nappan) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nappan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7290, Longitude: -64.0860 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|