Welcome to Salt Springs ...
We aren't confident of the location of Salt Springs, so consider the above location as an estimate.<1>
A typical abbreviation for Salt Springs: Salt Spgs. (or less commonly used: Salt Spngs. or Salt Sprngs.)
Time Zone: Salt Springs lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Salt Springs lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Salt Springs: B0M<2>
Communities Also Named Salt Springs ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Salt Springs - they are located in Florida, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Salt Springs.
Communities near Salt Springs ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Salt Springs.
- Athol Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Athol Road
- Athol Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Salt Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Athol Road
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Millers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millers Corner
- Millers Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Salt Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Millers Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millers Corner
- River Philip Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for River Philip Centre
- River Philip Centre lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Salt Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on River Philip Centre
- River Philip
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for River Philip
- River Philip lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Salt Springs
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for River Philip. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on River Philip
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rodney
- Rodney lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Salt Springs
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Rodney. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rodney
- Springhill Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springhill Junction
- Springhill Junction lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Salt Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springhill Junction
- Collingwood Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Collingwood Corner
- Collingwood Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Salt Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Collingwood Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Collingwood Corner
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Salt Springs ...
Looking for more information about Salt Springs? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Salt Springs, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Salt Springs.
Adding Salt Springs to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Salt Springs was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Salt Springs on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salt Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Salt Springs, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Salt Springs). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Salt Springs or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Salt Springs) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salt Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Salt SpringsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salt Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6710, Longitude: -63.9949 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|