Welcome to Margaretsville ...
Margaretsville is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on the Bay of Funday).
Margaretsville is 300 feet [91 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Margaretsville lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The area code for Margaretsville: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Margaretsville: B0S<2>
Adding Margaretsville to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Margaretsville: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Margaretsville on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Margaretsville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Margaretsville - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Margaretsville.
Communities near Margaretsville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Margaretsville.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Margaretsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moshers Corner
- Moshers Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Margaretsville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moshers Corner
- North Kingston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Kingston
- North Kingston lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Margaretsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Kingston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Kingston
- Port George
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port George
- Port George lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Margaretsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port George came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port George
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Port George<5>
- Wilmot Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot Station
- Wilmot Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Margaretsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morden
- Morden lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Margaretsville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot
- Wilmot lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Margaretsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Margaretsville ...
Looking for more information about Margaretsville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Margaretsville, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Margaretsville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Margaretsville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Margaretsville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Margaretsville, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Margaretsville). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Margaretsville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Margaretsville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Margaretsville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Margaretsville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Margaretsville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0483, Longitude: -65.0646
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|