Our Genealogy Helper for Harbourville ...
Although we found mention of Harbourville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Harbourville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Harbourville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Harbourville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Harbourville:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New Brunswick
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Harbourville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Harbourville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Harbourville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Burlington Cemetery
- East Black Rock Cemetery
- Berwick Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Berwick Cemetery
- The Berwick Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Berwick.To be more precise, Berwick Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Harbourville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2212236<2>
- Aylesford Union Cemetery
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Harbourville.
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cambridge Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Rand Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rand Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Rand Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Rand Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Harbourville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rand Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2520197<2>
- Continue List ...
- Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Morristown Cemetery (Old) lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Harbourville.
- Morristown Cemetery (Old) has also been known as:
- Old Morristown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2250687<2>
- Morristown Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Morristown Cemetery
- Morristown Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Harbourville.
- Morristown Cemetery has also been known as:
- Morristown Baptist Cemetery
- Morristown Baptist Church Cemetery
- Morristown Cemetery (New)
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morristown Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2419532<2>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Billtown United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Billtown United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Billtown United Baptist Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Harbourville.
- Billtown United Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Billtown United Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Billtown United Baptist Church Cemetery
- East Halls Harbour United Baptist Church Cemetery
- North Kingston Public Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the North Kingston Public Cemetery
- North Kingston Public Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Harbourville.
- North Kingston Public Cemetery has also been known as:
- North Kingston Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Kingston Public Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2265744<2>
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Union Cemetery
- Union Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Harbourville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Cemetery
- Church Grove Cemetery
- Wilmot Plains Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Harbourville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Harbourville.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Harbourville ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Harbourville.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Rand McNally Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897)
Published by Rand McNally & Co.
for Harbourville. See our Misc Page for Harbourville for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Harbourville and then turned west". While Harbourville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Harbourville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Harbourville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Nova Scotia community named Harbourville.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Harbourville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Harbourville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HarbourvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Harbourville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1508, Longitude: -64.8106 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|