Welcome to Clarence ...
Time Zone: Clarence lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Clarence lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Clarence: B0S<1>
Adding Clarence to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Clarence: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Clarence on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Clarence ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 16 communities that are also named Clarence - they are located in Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (3), Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan (2), Missouri, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Clarence.
Communities near Clarence ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Clarence.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Clarence
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Annapolis Royal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bear River 6B
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6B
- Bear River 6B lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Clarence
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6B came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6B
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inglewood
- Inglewood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Clarence
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inglewood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Outram
- Outram lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Clarence
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Outram. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Outram
- West Lawrencetown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Lawrencetown
- West Lawrencetown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Clarence
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Lawrencetown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Lawrencetown
- Carleton Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carleton Corner
- Carleton Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Clarence
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carleton Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carleton Corner
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Clarence ...
Looking for more information about Clarence? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Clarence, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Clarence.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clarence. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Clarence, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Clarence). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Clarence or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clarence) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clarence. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Clarence
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clarence. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8955, Longitude: -65.2406
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|