Our Genealogy Helper for Aspotogan ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Aspotogan (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Aspotogan. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Aspotogan:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Aspotogan ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Aspotogan.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Aspotogan covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Barnabas Anglican Cemetery
- Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Old St. James Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery
- Sims Settlement Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sims Settlement Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Sims Settlement Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Sims Settlement Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Aspotogan.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sims Settlement Cemetery
- Pine Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pine Hill Cemetery
- Pine Hill Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Aspotogan.
- Pine Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- New Baptist Cemetery
- Pine Hill / United Baptist Cemetery
- United Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2309237<1>
- Continue List ...
- Heckman's Island Cemetery
- Western Shore Cemetery
- St. Martin's Anglican Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Bayview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bayview Cemetery
- The Bayview Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Mahone Bay.More accurately, Bayview Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Aspotogan.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayview Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Aspotogan.
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paul's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2601291<1>
- S.S. Atlantic Memorial Cemetery
- Blockhouse Cemetery
- First South Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Aspotogan. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aspotogan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aspotogan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aspotogan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aspotogan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AspotoganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aspotogan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5235, Longitude: -64.0504 |