Welcome to Arlington East ...
Although we found mention of Arlington East during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Arlington East was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Arlington East to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arlington East, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Arlington East might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Arlington East would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Arlington East ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Arlington East - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arlington East.
Communities near Arlington East ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arlington East.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Arlington East
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise
- Paradise lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Arlington East
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise
- Port George
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port George
- Port George lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Arlington East
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port George came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port George
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Port George<4>
- West Paradise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Paradise
- West Paradise lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Arlington East
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Paradise
- Clarence West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarence West
- Clarence West lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Arlington East
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarence West
- Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moshers Corner
- Moshers Corner lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Arlington East
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inglewood
- Inglewood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Arlington East
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inglewood
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arlington East ...
Looking for more information about Arlington East? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arlington East, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arlington East.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Arlington East and then turned west". While Arlington East could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Arlington East as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Arlington East could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arlington East) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arlington East. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9364, Longitude: -65.2019 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|