Welcome to Apple River ...
Although we found mention of Apple River during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Apple River was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Apple River to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Apple River, please Contact Us.
Apple River is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on Chignecto Bay, at the north end of the Bay of Fundy).
A typical abbreviation for Apple River: Apple Riv.
Apple River is 80 feet [24 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Apple River might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Apple River would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Apple River ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Apple River - it's located in Illinois.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Apple River.
Communities near Apple River ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Apple River.
- Alma Parish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alma Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Parish
- Alma Parish lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Parish
- Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allen Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen Hill
- Allen Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allen Hill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Spicers Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spicers Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spicers Cove
- Spicers Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spicers Cove
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eatonville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eatonville
- Eatonville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eatonville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fraserville
- Fraserville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fraserville
- New Yarmouth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Yarmouth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Yarmouth
- New Yarmouth lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Yarmouth
- Sand River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sand River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sand River
- Sand River lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Apple River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sand River
- Advocate Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Apple River ...
Looking for more information about Apple River? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Apple River, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Apple River.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Apple River and then turned east". While Apple River could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Apple River as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Apple River could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Apple River - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Apple River) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Apple River. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Apple River
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apple River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4667, Longitude: -64.7833
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|