Welcome to Allen Hill ...
Although we found mention of Allen Hill during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Allen Hill was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Allen Hill to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allen Hill, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Allen Hill might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Allen Hill would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Allen Hill: B0M<2>
Communities near Allen Hill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allen Hill.
- Alma Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Parish
- Alma Parish lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alma Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Parish
- Advocate Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- East Advocate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Advocate
- East Advocate lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Allen Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Advocate
- Apple River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Apple River
- Apple River lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Allen Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Apple River
- East Apple River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Apple River
- East Apple River lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Apple River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Apple River
- Point Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Point Hill
- Point Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Point Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Point Hill
- West Advocate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Advocate
- West Advocate lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Advocate came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Advocate
- New Yarmouth
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Yarmouth
- New Yarmouth lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Allen Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Yarmouth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Yarmouth
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Allen Hill ...
Looking for more information about Allen Hill? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Allen Hill, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Allen Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Allen Hill and then turned east". While Allen Hill could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Allen Hill as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Allen Hill could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Allen Hill, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Allen Hill). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Allen Hill or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allen Hill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allen Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Allen HillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allen Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3944, Longitude: -64.7206 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|