Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Yeso, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Yeso and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Yeso:
- 34.439167, -104.610000
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Yeso
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Yeso ...
We have found two communities that share the name Yeso.
There is one other community in New Mexico which is also named Yeso.
Beyond New Mexico, there is another community also named Yeso in the United States.
- Communities Located In New Mexico ...
- Rio Arriba County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Rio Arriba County, we don't know where within the county.
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Rio Arriba County community of Yeso.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Maricopa County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Arizona community of Yeso [Maricopa County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Yeso ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Yeso, Guadalupe is located 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the Northeast
How Far From Yeso to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Yeso to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Yeso and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Fort Sumner, which is the Seat of DeBaca County and lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the east. If you could walk a straight line from Yeso to Fort Sumner, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Santa Fe, which is the State Capital of New Mexico, lies 114 miles [183.5 km] to the northwest (NW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,551 miles [2,496.1 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 61 days and walking would take 89 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,165 miles [11,530.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,920 miles [12,746 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,824 miles [9,372.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in New Mexico
About DeBaca County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Yeso. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Yeso, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Yeso could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Yeso) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Yeso. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from YesoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Yeso. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4392, Longitude: -104.6100 |
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Yeso to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 325.639 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 323.417 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.239 degrees.||