Around Wagon Mound ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Las Vegas. It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the southwest of Wagon Mound. Las Vegas has a population of 12,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Springer.
It is located about 25 miles [ km] to the north of Wagon Mound and has a population of 910 people.
For comparison, Wagon Mound has a population of 280 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Wagon Mound.<2>
- Golondrinas [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golondrinas
- Golondrinas [Mora County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the west of Wagon Mound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golondrinas
- Guadalupita [Mora County]
- La Cueva [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Cueva
- La Cueva [Mora County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west of Wagon Mound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Cueva
- Los Huerros [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Los Huerros
- Los Huerros [Mora County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Wagon Mound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Los Huerros
- Miami [Colfax County]
- Mills [Harding County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Mora [Mora County]
- Ocate [Mora County]
- Ojo Feliz [Mora County]
- Rainsville [Mora County]
- Roy [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy
- Roy [Harding County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the east of Wagon Mound
- Population from the 2020 Census: 216 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roy<3>
- Sapello [San Miguel County]
- Springer [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springer
- Springer [Colfax County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Wagon Mound
- Population from the 2020 Census: 910 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springer have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Springer<3>
- Valmora [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valmora
- Valmora [Mora County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Wagon Mound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valmora
- Watrous [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watrous
- Watrous [Mora County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Wagon Mound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watrous
For more communities neighboring Wagon Mound, please visit our County-by-County Page for Wagon Mound.
Mora County ...
Wagon Mound is located in Mora County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Mora County: Colfax, Harding, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Santa Fe & Taos.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Wagon Mound ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wagon Mound.
Airports Near Wagon Mound ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Wagon Mound and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Wagon Mound.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wagon Mound ...
Looking for more information about Wagon Mound? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Wagon Mound. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Wagon Mound, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wagon Mound.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of New Mexico:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Wagon Mound
Find a Community in New Mexico
About Mora County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wagon Mound. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Wagon Mound.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wagon Mound) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wagon Mound. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wagon MoundOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wagon Mound. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.0091, Longitude: -104.7051 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Mora, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wagon Mound), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|