Welcome to El Prado ...
El Prado is located in north central New Mexico.
El Prado is located in Taos County<1>.
El Prado is 7,000 feet [2,134 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of El Prado is about 1¼ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: El Prado lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
El Prado lies within the (575) area code.
The ZIP code for El Prado: 87529<3>
Communities Also Named El Prado ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named El Prado - it's located in California.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for El Prado.
Communities near El Prado ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near El Prado.
- Questa [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Questa
- Questa [Taos County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of El Prado
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,741 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Questa have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Questa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Questa<6>
- Angel Fire [Colfax County]
- Eagle Nest [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Nest
- Eagle Nest [Colfax County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of El Prado
- Population from the 2020 Census: 251 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Nest have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Nest
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagle Nest<6>
- Taos Ski Valley [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taos Ski Valley
- Taos Ski Valley [Taos County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of El Prado
- Population from the 2020 Census: 76 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taos Ski Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taos Ski Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taos Ski Valley<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Arroyo Seco [Taos County]
- Ranchos de Taos [Taos County]
- Talpa [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Talpa
- Talpa [Taos County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of El Prado
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talpa
- Shady Brook [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shady Brook
- Shady Brook [Taos County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of El Prado
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shady Brook
- Valdez [Taos County]
- Arroyo Hondo [Taos County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around El Prado. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for El Prado.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of El Prado. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around El Prado.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around El Prado. See our Newspapers Page for El Prado.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for El Prado ...
Looking for more information about El Prado? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for El Prado, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for El Prado.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of New Mexico
About Taos County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for El Prado. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Taos, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around El Prado - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as El Prado). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether El Prado or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- El Prado) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for El Prado. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from El PradoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in El Prado. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.4333, Longitude: -105.5755 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|