Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Dilia, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Dilia and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Dilia:
- 35.193266, -105.063990
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Dilia
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dilia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Aurora [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurora
- Aurora [San Miguel County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Dilia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aurora have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aurora
- Cedar Hill [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Hill
- Cedar Hill [San Miguel County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Dilia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cedar Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar Hill
- Milagro [Guadalupe County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Milagro
- Milagro [Guadalupe County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Dilia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Milagro have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milagro
- Montezuma [San Miguel County]
- Park Springs [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Park Springs
- Park Springs [San Miguel County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Dilia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Park Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Park Springs
- Vegas Junction [Guadalupe County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vegas Junction
- Vegas Junction [Guadalupe County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Dilia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vegas Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vegas Junction
How Far From Dilia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dilia to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dilia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Santa Rosa, which is the Seat of Guadalupe County and lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Dilia to Santa Rosa, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- Santa Fe, which is the State Capital of New Mexico, lies 60 miles [96.6 km] to the northwest (NW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take about three full days and walking would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,559 miles [2,509 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 61 days and walking would take 89 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,136 miles [11,484.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,893 miles [12,702.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,802 miles [9,337.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Notables Page for Dilia
Mentions & References for Dilia
The Communities of New Mexico
About Guadalupe County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dilia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dilia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dilia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DiliaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dilia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.1933, Longitude: -105.0640 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dilia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.075 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 324.017 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.419 degrees.||