Welcome to Colmor ...
So far, we have found very little information about Colmor. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Colmor to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Colmor, please Contact Us.
Colmor would have been located within present day Colfax County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Colmor is 5,950 feet [1,814 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Colmor is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Colmor was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Colmor still existed, it would have been in the (575) area code.
Communities near Colmor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Colmor.
- Springer [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springer
- Springer [Colfax County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Colmor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 910 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springer have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Springer<6>
- Wagon Mound [Mora County]
- Miami [Colfax County]
- Maxwell [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maxwell
- Maxwell [Colfax County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Colmor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 213 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maxwell have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maxwell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maxwell<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ocate [Mora County]
- Mills [Harding County]
- Cimarron [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cimarron
- Cimarron [Colfax County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Colmor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 884 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cimarron have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cimarron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cimarron<6>
- Los Huerros [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Los Huerros
- Los Huerros [Mora County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Colmor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Los Huerros
- Ojo Feliz [Mora County]
- Roy [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy
- Roy [Harding County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Colmor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 216 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roy<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Colmor. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Colmor.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Colmor. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Colmor.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Colmor. See our Newspapers Page for Colmor.
Adding Colmor to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Colmor in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Colmor was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Colmor on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in New Mexico
About Colfax County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Colmor, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Colfax, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Colmor - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Colmor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Colmor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ColmorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Colmor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.2210, Longitude: -104.6491 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|