Welcome to Abo ...
So far, we have found very little information about Abo. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Abo to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Abo, please Contact Us.
Abo would have been located within present day Torrance County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Abo is 6,140 feet [1,871 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Abo is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Abo was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Abo would have been located in the (505) area code.
Communities Also Named Abo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Abo - they are located in and Missouri (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Abo.
Communities near Abo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Abo.
- Mountainair [Torrance County]
- Manzano [Torrance County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manzano
- Manzano [Torrance County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Abo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manzano have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manzano
- Torreon [Torrance County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torreon
- Torreon [Torrance County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Abo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Torreon have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torreon
- Tajique [Torrance County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Casa Colorada [Valencia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casa Colorada
- Casa Colorada [Valencia County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Abo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casa Colorada
- Contreras [Socorro County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Contreras
- Contreras [Socorro County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Abo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Contreras
- Las Nutrias [Socorro County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Las Nutrias
- Las Nutrias [Socorro County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Abo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Las Nutrias
- Veguita [Socorro County]
- Willard [Torrance County]
- Abeytas [Socorro County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abeytas
- Abeytas [Socorro County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the west of Abo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abeytas
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Abo. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Abo.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Abo. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Abo.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Abo. See our Newspapers Page for Abo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in New Mexico
About Torrance County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Torrance County: www.torrancecountynm.org/
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Abo, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Torrance, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Abo - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Abo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Abo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4499, Longitude: -106.3753
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|