Our Genealogy Helper for Twillingate ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Twillingate (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Twillingate. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Twillingate:
- Websites specific to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Newfoundland and Labrador
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Newfoundland and Labrador
Cemeteries Near Twillingate ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Twillingate.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Twillingate covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Hugh Lane Cemetery
- Durrell Cemetery
- Northeast Church Cemetery
- Pentecostal Cemetery
- St. Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery
- United Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Cobb's Arm United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cobb's Arm United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Cobb's Arm United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Cobb's Arm United Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Twillingate.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cobb's Arm United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2525399<2>
- Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Port Albert Anglican Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Port Albert Anglican Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Twillingate.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Twillingate.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2499805<2>
- Banks Cove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Banks Cove Cemetery
- Banks Cove Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the east of Twillingate.
- Banks Cove Cemetery has also been known as:
- Banks Cove Catholic Cemetery
- Banks Cove Road Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Banks Cove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2559482<2>
- Our Lady of the Snows RC Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Twillingate. See our List of 1890's Communities around Twillingate.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Twillingate. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Twillingate) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Twillingate. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TwillingateOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Twillingate. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6500, Longitude: -54.7500 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|