Welcome to Shea Heights ...
Although we found mention of Shea Heights during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Shea Heights was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Shea Heights to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Shea Heights, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Shea Heights: Shea Hts. (in Canada, 'Hgts.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Shea Heights might be (or was) located is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
We believe that Shea Heights would be found within the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Shea Heights: A0A<2>
Communities near Shea Heights ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Shea Heights.
- Mount Pearl
- Conception Bay South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conception Bay South
- Conception Bay South lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Conception Bay South came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conception Bay South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise
- Paradise lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torbay
- Torbay lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Torbay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torbay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Torbay<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goulds
- Goulds lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goulds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goulds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Goulds<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wabana
- Wabana lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wabana came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wabana
- Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove
- Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Shea Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove
- Pouch Cove
- Bay Bulls
- Witless Bay
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Shea Heights ...
Looking for more information about Shea Heights? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Shea Heights, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Shea Heights.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Shea Heights and then turned west". While Shea Heights could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Shea Heights as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Shea Heights could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Shea Heights, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Shea Heights). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Shea Heights or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Shea Heights) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Shea Heights. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Shea Heights
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shea Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5452, Longitude: -52.7136
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|