Curious and Interesting Names Near Old Bonaventure ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Duck Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Duck Cove
- Black Duck Cove was located 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the southwest of Old Bonaventure
- British Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for British Harbour
- British Harbour lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Old Bonaventure
- Jump to Google Maps centered on British Harbour
- Goose Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goose Cove
- Goose Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Old Bonaventure
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goose Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goose Cove
- Irelands Eye
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Irelands Eye
- Irelands Eye lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the southwest of Old Bonaventure
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irelands Eye
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Popes Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Popes Harbour
- Popes Harbour lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Old Bonaventure
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Popes Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Popes Harbour
- Spaniards Bay - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spaniards Bay
- Spaniards Bay was located less than 2 miles<1> to the northeast of Old Bonaventure
- Spaniards Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spaniards Cove
- Spaniards Cove lies less than 2 miles<1> to the northeast of Old Bonaventure
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spaniards Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spaniards Cove
How Far From Old Bonaventure to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Old Bonaventure to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Old Bonaventure and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,066 miles [1,715.6 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Old Bonaventure to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 61 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 42 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,559 miles [7,337 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,265 miles [8,473.2 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,141 miles [5,054.9 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Old Bonaventure. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Old Bonaventure) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Old Bonaventure. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Old BonaventureOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Old Bonaventure. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.2867, Longitude: -53.4280 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Old Bonaventure to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 291.55 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 286.906 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 287.744 degrees.||