Welcome to Long Beach ...
Long Beach is located on the east coast of Newfoundland (at Trinity Bay).
When the people of Long Beach refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Long Beacher<1>
A typical abbreviation for Long Beach: Long Bch.
Time Zone: Long Beach lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Long Beach lies within the (709) area code.
Communities Also Named Long Beach ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Long Beach - they are located in California, Indiana, Maine (2), Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York (2), Newfoundland and Labrador (3), North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario (2) and Washington (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Long Beach.
Communities near Long Beach ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Long Beach.
- Clarenville - Shoal Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarenville - Shoal Harbour
- Clarenville - Shoal Harbour lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Long Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clarenville - Shoal Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarenville - Shoal Harbour
- Arnolds Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Come By Chance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Come By Chance
- Come By Chance lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Long Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Come By Chance came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Come By Chance
- Caplin Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caplin Cove
- Caplin Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Long Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caplin Cove
- Saint Jones Within
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Jones Within
- Saint Jones Within lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Long Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Jones Within
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillview
- Hillview lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Long Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillview
- Little Heart's Ease
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Heart's Ease
- Little Heart's Ease lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Long Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Heart's Ease came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Heart's Ease
- Long Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Cove
- Long Cove was located 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Long Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Long Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Long Beach ...
Looking for more information about Long Beach? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Long Beach, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Long Beach.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Long Beach. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Long Beach refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Long Beach may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Long Beach) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Long Beach. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Long BeachOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Long Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.0000, Longitude: -53.8167 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|