Our Genealogy Helper for Embree ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Embree (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Embree. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Embree:
- Websites specific to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Newfoundland and Labrador
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Newfoundland and Labrador
Cemeteries Near Embree ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Embree.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Embree covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Embree.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Pentecostal Tabernacle Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2499805<3>
- Anglican Cemetery, Botwood
- Botwood Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Botwood Community Cemetery
- The Botwood Community Cemetery is located in Botwood.More precisely, Botwood Community Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Embree.
- Botwood Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Botwood Multi Denominational Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botwood Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2638596<3>
- Jubilee Pentecostal Cemetery
- Salvation Army Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Salvation Army Cemetery
- Salvation Army Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Embree.
- Salvation Army Cemetery has also been known as:
- Botwood Salvation Army Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salvation Army Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2573588<3>
- Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Bears Cove Methodist Cemetery
- United Church Cemetery
- Pentecostal Cemetery
- Hugh Lane Cemetery
- St. Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Bishop's Falls Cemetery
- Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Port Albert Anglican Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Port Albert Anglican Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Embree.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Albert Anglican Cemetery
- Durrell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Durrell Cemetery
- Durrell Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Embree.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Durrell Cemetery
- Northeast Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Northeast Church Cemetery
- Northeast Church Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Embree.
- Northeast Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- North East Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northeast Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Embree. See our List of 1890's Communities around Embree.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Embree. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Embree) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Embree. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EmbreeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Embree. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3114, Longitude: -55.0443 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|