Our Genealogy Helper for Conception Bay South ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Conception Bay South (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Conception Bay South. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Conception Bay South:
- Websites specific to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Newfoundland and Labrador
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Newfoundland and Labrador
Cemeteries Near Conception Bay South ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Conception Bay South.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Conception Bay South covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Long Pond Faith Pentecostal Cemetery
- All Saints Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the All Saints Anglican Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the All Saints Anglican Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on All Saints Anglican Cemetery
- Upper Gullies Cemetery
- St. Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Peter's Anglican Cemetery
- St. John The Evangelist Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Topsail United Church Cemetery
- Anglican Cemetery, Mt. Pearl
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Anglican Cemetery, Mt. Pearl
- Anglican Cemetery, Mt. Pearl lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Conception Bay South.
- Anglican Cemetery, Mt. Pearl has also been known as:
- Kenmount Road Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anglican Cemetery, Mt. Pearl
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214095<2>
- Holy Cross Cemetery, Holyrood
- Holy Cross RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross RC Cemetery
- Holy Cross RC Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Conception Bay South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross RC Cemetery
- Holy Sepulchre Cemetery
- West Point Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the West Point Cemetery
- West Point Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Conception Bay South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point Cemetery
- Bell Island RC Cemetery
- Holyrood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holyrood Cemetery
- Holyrood Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Conception Bay South.
- Holyrood Cemetery has also been known as:
- Kennedy's Lane Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holyrood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2612003<2>
- Presentation Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Presentation Anglican Cemetery
- Presentation Anglican Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Conception Bay South.
- Presentation Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- Presentation Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Presentation Anglican Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Conception Bay South. See our List of 1890's Communities around Conception Bay South.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Conception Bay South. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Conception Bay South) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Conception Bay South. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Conception Bay SouthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Conception Bay South. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5021, Longitude: -52.9803 |