Around Batteau ...
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Batteau.<1>
- Black Tickle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Tickle
- Black Tickle lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the north of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black Tickle
- Comfort Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comfort Bight
- Comfort Bight lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comfort Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Domino
- Domino lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the north of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Domino
- Frenchmans Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frenchmans Island
- Frenchmans Island lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frenchmans Island
- Punch Bowl, Shoal Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Punch Bowl, Shoal Bay
- Punch Bowl, Shoal Bay lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Punch Bowl, Shoal Bay
- Seal Islands Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seal Islands Harbour
- Seal Islands Harbour lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seal Islands Harbour
- Spotted Islands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spotted Islands
- Spotted Islands lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Batteau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spotted Islands
- Venison Tickle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Venison Tickle
- Venison Tickle lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Batteau
- Venison Tickle has also been known as:
- Venison Islands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Venison Tickle
Curious and Interesting Names Near Batteau ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Batteau.
Airports Near Batteau ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<2> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Batteau and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Batteau.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Batteau. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Batteau) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Batteau. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BatteauOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Batteau. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4082, Longitude: -55.7751 |
|<2>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Batteau), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|