Welcome to Obert ...
The village of Obert is located in Cedar County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Obert has a population of 22 people<2> (see below for details).
Obert is 1,340 feet [408 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Obert lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Area codes for Obert: (402) & (531)<4>
The ZIP code for Obert: 68757<5>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Obert had an population of 22 people. This is a decrease of 4.35% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 55.1% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Obert had a population of 23 people. This makes Obert the county's 10th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 23 people, the population of Obert decreased 53.06% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 49 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Obert.
Communities near Obert ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Obert.
- Vermillion [Clay County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vermillion
- Vermillion [Clay County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the northeast of Obert
- Estimated population in 2019: 10,926 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vermillion have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vermillion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vermillion<8>
- Elk Point [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elk Point
- Elk Point [Union County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the east of Obert
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,871 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elk Point have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Point
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elk Point<8>
- Hartington [Cedar County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartington
- Hartington [Cedar County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the west of Obert
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,464 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartington have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hartington<8>
- Laurel [Cedar County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ponca [Dixon County]
- Coleridge [Cedar County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coleridge
- Coleridge [Cedar County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the southwest of Obert
- Estimated population in 2019: 450 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coleridge have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coleridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coleridge<8>
- Gayville [Yankton County]
- Newcastle [Dixon County]
- Spink [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spink
- Spink [Union County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<6> to the northeast of Obert
- Estimated population in 2014: 237 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spink
- Meckling [Clay County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Obert. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Obert.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Obert. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Obert.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Obert. See our Newspapers Page for Obert.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Obert ...
Looking for more information about Obert? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Obert, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Obert.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nebraska
About Cedar County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Obert. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cedar County: www.co.cedar.ne.us/
The official website for State of Nebraska: www.nebraska.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nebraska's counties, including Cedar, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Obert.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Obert - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (531) is an overlay for area code (402).|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a village (such as Obert). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Obert or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Obert) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Obert. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Obert
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Obert. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.6895, Longitude: -97.0274
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|