Welcome to Angora ...
Angora is located in Morrill County<1>.
Angora is 4,260 feet [1,298 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Angora is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Angora lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Angora (for example, toward Henry), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
The area code for Angora: (308)
The ZIP code for Angora: 69331<3>
Communities Also Named Angora ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Angora - they are located in Colorado, Minnesota, Oregon and Pennsylvania (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Angora.
Communities near Angora ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Angora.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGrew
- McGrew lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Angora.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 101 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McGrew have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGrew
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for McGrew<5>
- Bonner ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonner
- Bonner was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Angora.
- Atkins ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atkins
- Atkins was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Angora.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craft
- Craft lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Angora.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Craft have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craft
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redington
- Redington lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Angora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redington
- Alden ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alden
- Alden was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Angora.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alden have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melbeta
- Melbeta lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Angora.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 107 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Melbeta have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melbeta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Melbeta<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Angora. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Angora.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Angora. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Angora.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Angora. See our Newspapers Page for Angora.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Angora ...
Looking for more information about Angora? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Angora, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Angora.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Angora. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Nebraska: www.nebraska.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nebraska's counties, including Morrill, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Angora - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Angora). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Angora or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Angora) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Angora. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AngoraOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Angora. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.8520, Longitude: -103.1254 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|