Welcome to Alden ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alden. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alden to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alden, please Contact Us.
Alden would have been located within present day Morrill County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Alden, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Alden is 3,750 feet [1,143 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Alden is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Alden was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Alden would have been located in the (308) area code.
Communities Also Named Alden ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Alden - they are located in Alabama, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alden.
Communities near Alden ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alden.
- Bridgeport [Morrill County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridgeport have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridgeport
- Bridgeport [Morrill County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the northwest of Alden
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,472 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgeport
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bridgeport<7>
- Dalton [Cheyenne County]
- Gurley [Cheyenne County]
- Broadwater [Morrill County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Redington [Morrill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redington
- Redington [Morrill County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<6> to the west of Alden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redington
- Atkins [Morrill County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atkins
- Atkins [Morrill County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northwest of Alden
- Angora [Morrill County]
- Bayard [Morrill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayard
- Bayard [Morrill County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<6> to the northwest of Alden
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,084 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayard
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bayard<7>
- Cisco [Garden County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cisco
- Cisco [Garden County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<6> to the east of Alden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cisco
- Lisco [Garden County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alden. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alden.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Alden. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alden.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alden. See our Newspapers Page for Alden.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Nebraska
About Morrill County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Nebraska: www.nebraska.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alden, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nebraska's counties, including Morrill, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alden - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alden) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alden
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5610, Longitude: -103.0358 In this case, the coordinates for Alden have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|