When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Harmon.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Harmon. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Harmon.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 265 miles [426.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Harmon.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Regina Intl. (YQR/CYQR)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Jamestown Rgnl. (JMS/KJMS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mandan Muni. (FAA ID: Y19)
- Mandan Municipal Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mandan Municipal Airport
- Washburn Muni. (FAA ID: 5C8)
- Washburn Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washburn Municipal Airport
- Underwood Muni. (FAA ID: ND44)
- Underwood Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Underwood Municipal Airport
- Mercer County Rgnl. (FAA ID: HZE)
- Mercer County Regional Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Harmon.
- Official website: https://www.mcraa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercer County Regional Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Hazen Muni.
- Hazen Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazen Municipal Airport
- Turtle Lake Muni. (FAA ID: 91N)
- Turtle Lake Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turtle Lake Municipal Airport
- McClusky Muni. (FAA ID: 7G2)
- McClusky Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McClusky Municipal Airport
- Glen Ullin Rgnl. (FAA ID: D57)
- Glen Ullin Regional Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Ullin Regional Airport
- Hazelton Muni. (FAA ID: 6H8)
- Hazelton Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazelton Municipal Airport
- Beulah Fld. (FAA ID: 95D)
- Beulah Field lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beulah Field
- Steele Muni.
- Steele Municipal Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the east of Harmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steele Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of North Dakota
About Morton County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Harmon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Morton County: www.co.morton.nd.us/
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Harmon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Harmon) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Harmon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.9517, Longitude: -100.9526 In this case, the coordinates for Harmon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).