Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Hansboro, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Hansboro and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Hansboro:
- 48.952230, -99.381248
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Hansboro
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hansboro ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Agate [Rolette County]
- Badger Creek - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Badger Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Badger Creek
- Badger Creek was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Hansboro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cartwright
- Cartwright lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cartwright
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clearwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clearwater
- Clearwater lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clearwater
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clyde [Cavalier County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clyde have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde [Cavalier County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Crystal City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal City
- Crystal City lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crystal City<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lena came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lena
- Lena lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lena
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lyonshall
- Lyonshall lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lyonshall
- Rocklake [Towner County]
- Shell Valley [Rolette County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Valley
- Shell Valley [Rolette County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Hansboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Valley
How Far From Hansboro to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Hansboro to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hansboro and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Cando, which is the Seat of Towner County and lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the south southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Hansboro to Cando, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- Bismarck, which is the State Capital of North Dakota, lies 161 miles [259.1 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than three hours, a buggy would take 7 days and walking would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,302 miles [2,095.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 51 days and walking would take 74 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,194 miles [9,968.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,960 miles [11,201 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,917 miles [7,913.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in North Dakota
About Towner County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hansboro. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hansboro) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hansboro. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hansboro
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hansboro. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9522, Longitude: -99.3812 In this case, the coordinates for Hansboro have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hansboro to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 322.762 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 321.746 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 313.136 degrees.||