When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hanks Corner.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hanks Corner. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hanks Corner.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 85 miles [136.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Hanks Corner.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Devils Lake Rgnl. (DVL/KDVL)
- Grand Forks Intl. (GFK/KGFK)
- Thief River Falls Rgnl. (TVF/KTVF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Walhalla Muni. (FAA ID: 96D)
- Walhalla Municipal Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walhalla Municipal Airport
- Cavalier Muni. (FAA ID: 2C8)
- Cavalier Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cavalier Municipal Airport
- Langdon Muni.
- Langdon Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon Municipal Airport
- Robertson Fld. (FAA ID: D55)
- Robertson Field lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robertson Field
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- St. Thomas Muni. (FAA ID: 4S5)
- Saint Thomas Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Thomas Municipal Airport
- Park River Airport (FAA ID: Y37)
- Park River - W. C. Skjerven Field lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Park River - W. C. Skjerven Field
- Winkler Airport (FAA ID: CKZ7)
- Winkler Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winkler Airport
- Altona Muni. (FAA ID: CJL6)
- Altona Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altona Municipal Airport
- Morden Rgnl. Aero (FAA ID: CJA3)
- Morden Regional Aerodrome lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Hanks Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morden Regional Aerodrome
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of North Dakota
About Cavalier County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hanks Corner. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hanks Corner), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hanks Corner) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hanks Corner. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hanks Corner
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hanks Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7588, Longitude: -97.9499