When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Granville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Granville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Granville.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 198 miles [318.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Granville.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Regina Intl. (YQR/CYQR)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Devils Lake Rgnl. (DVL/KDVL)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Towner Muni. (FAA ID: D61)
- Towner Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Granville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Towner Municipal Airport
- Glenburn Muni.
- Glenburn Municipal airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Granville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenburn Municipal airport
- Drake Muni.
- Drake Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Granville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drake Municipal Airport
- Lansford Muni.
- Lansford Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Granville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lansford Municipal Airport
- Rugby Muni. (FAA ID: RUG)
- Rugby Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Granville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rugby Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within North Dakota
About McHenry County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Granville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Granville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Granville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Granville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Granville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Granville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.2675, Longitude: -100.8435 In this case, the coordinates for Granville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).