When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Golden Valley.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Golden Valley. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Golden Valley.
Large Airports ...
- Regina Intl. (YQR/CYQR)
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 284 miles [457.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Golden Valley.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Sloulin Fld. Intl. (ISN/KISN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Beulah Fld. (FAA ID: 95D)
- Beulah Field lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beulah Field
- Mercer County Rgnl. (FAA ID: HZE)
- Mercer County Regional Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Golden Valley.
- Official website: https://www.mcraa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercer County Regional Airport
- Hazen Muni.
- Hazen Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazen Municipal Airport
- Hebron Muni.
- Hebron Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebron Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Weydhal Fld. (FAA ID: 9Y1)
- Weydhal Field lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weydhal Field
- Glen Ullin Rgnl. (FAA ID: D57)
- Glen Ullin Regional Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Ullin Regional Airport
- Garrison Muni. (FAA ID: D05)
- Garrison Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Golden Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garrison Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for North Dakota
About Mercer County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Golden Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Golden Valley), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Golden Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Golden Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Golden Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Golden Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.2906, Longitude: -102.0652 In this case, the coordinates for Golden Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).