When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Frontier.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Frontier. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Frontier.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 215 miles [346 km]<2> miles to the north of Frontier.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hector Intl. (FAR/KFAR)
- Grand Forks Intl. (GFK/KGFK)
- Jamestown Rgnl. (JMS/KJMS)
- Thief River Falls Rgnl. (TVF/KTVF)
- Bemidji Rgnl. (BJI/KBJI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Moorhead Muni. (ICAO: KJKJ)
- West Fargo Muni. (FAA ID: D54)
- West Fargo Municipal Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Fargo Municipal Airport
- Hamry Fld. (FAA ID: K74)
- Hamry Field lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamry Field
- Casselton Robert Miller Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5N8)
- Casselton Robert Miller Regional Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casselton Robert Miller Regional Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Barnesville Muni. (FAA ID: 9MN3)
- Barnesville Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnesville Municipal Airport
- Leonard Muni.
- Leonard Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leonard Municipal Airport
- Hawley Muni. (FAA ID: 04Y)
- Hawley Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hawley Municipal Airport
- Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: 1A2)
- Arthur Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Frontier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arthur Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in North Dakota
About Cass County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Frontier. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cass County: www.co.cass.nd.us/
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Frontier), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Frontier) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Frontier. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Frontier
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Frontier. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.8005, Longitude: -96.8331 In this case, the coordinates for Frontier have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).