When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Fort Totten.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Fort Totten. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Fort Totten.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Devils Lake Rgnl. (DVL/KDVL)
- Jamestown Rgnl. (JMS/KJMS)
- Grand Forks Intl. (GFK/KGFK)
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Maddock Muni. (FAA ID: 6D3)
- Maddock Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maddock Municipal Airport
- Leeds Muni. (FAA ID: D31)
- Leeds Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leeds Municipal Airport
- Lakota Muni. (FAA ID: 5L0)
- Lakota Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakota Municipal Airport
- Cando Muni. (FAA ID: 9D7)
- Cando Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cando Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Fessenden Muni. (FAA ID: D24)
- Fessenden Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fessenden Municipal Airport
- Carrington Muni. (FAA ID: 46D)
- Carrington Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrington Municipal Airport
- McVille Muni. (FAA ID: 8M6)
- McVille Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McVille Municipal Airport
- Harvey Muni. (FAA ID: 5H4)
- Harvey Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Fort Totten.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harvey Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in North Dakota
About Benson County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Totten. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Fort Totten), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Totten) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Totten. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort Totten
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Totten. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.9796, Longitude: -98.9948