When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Fort Clark.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Fort Clark. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Fort Clark.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 259 miles [416.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Fort Clark.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Regina Intl. (YQR/CYQR)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Washburn Muni. (FAA ID: 5C8)
- Washburn Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washburn Municipal Airport
- Hazen Muni.
- Hazen Municipal Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazen Municipal Airport
- Mercer County Rgnl. (FAA ID: HZE)
- Mercer County Regional Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Fort Clark.
- Official website: https://www.mcraa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercer County Regional Airport
- Underwood Muni. (FAA ID: ND44)
- Underwood Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Underwood Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Turtle Lake Muni. (FAA ID: 91N)
- Turtle Lake Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turtle Lake Municipal Airport
- Beulah Fld. (FAA ID: 95D)
- Beulah Field lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beulah Field
- Garrison Muni. (FAA ID: D05)
- Garrison Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Fort Clark.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garrison Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of North Dakota
About Oliver County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Clark. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Fort Clark), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Clark) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Clark. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.2400, Longitude: -101.2521 In this case, the coordinates for Fort Clark have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).