Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Egeland, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Egeland and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Egeland:
- 48.628061, -99.097914
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Egeland
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Egeland ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Agate [Rolette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cartwright
- Cartwright lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the north of Egeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cartwright
- Clyde [Cavalier County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clyde have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde [Cavalier County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Egeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Crystal City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal City
- Crystal City lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the north of Egeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crystal City<2>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Rocklake [Towner County]
- Starkweather [Ramsey County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Starkweather have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Starkweather
- Starkweather [Ramsey County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Egeland
- Estimated population in 2019: 115 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Starkweather
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Starkweather<2>
- Sweetwater [Ramsey County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sweetwater have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sweetwater
- Sweetwater [Ramsey County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Egeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sweetwater
- Weaver [Cavalier County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weaver have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weaver
- Weaver [Cavalier County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Egeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weaver
How Far From Egeland to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Egeland to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Egeland and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Cando, which is the Seat of Towner County and lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Egeland to Cando, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take a little over three hours.
- Bismarck, which is the State Capital of North Dakota, lies 147 miles [236.6 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than three hours, a buggy would take 6 days and walking would take 9 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,282 miles [2,063.2 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 50 days and walking would take 73 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,204 miles [9,984.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,969 miles [11,215.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,923 miles [7,922.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in North Dakota
About Towner County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Egeland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Egeland) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Egeland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Egeland
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Egeland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6281, Longitude: -99.0979 In this case, the coordinates for Egeland have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Egeland to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 322.55 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 321.466 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 313.047 degrees.||