When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dunseith.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dunseith. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dunseith.
Large Airports ...
- Winnipeg Intl. (YWG/CYWG)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YWG ICAO: CYWG
- Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport lies 147 miles [236.6 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Dunseith.
- Official website: https://www.waa.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnipeg - James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Regina Intl. (YQR/CYQR)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Minot Intl. (MOT/KMOT)
- Devils Lake Rgnl. (DVL/KDVL)
- Brandon Muni. (YBR/CYBR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Intl. Peace Garden Airport (FAA ID: S28)
- International Peace Garden Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on International Peace Garden Airport
- Bottineau Muni. (FAA ID: D09)
- Bottineau Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bottineau Municipal Airport
- Rolla Muni. (FAA ID: 06D)
- Rolla Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolla Municipal Airport
- Killarney Muni. (FAA ID: CJS5)
- Killarney Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Killarney Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Rugby Muni. (FAA ID: RUG)
- Rugby Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rugby Municipal Airport
- Deloraine Airport (FAA ID: CJJ4)
- Deloraine Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deloraine Airport
- Towner Muni. (FAA ID: D61)
- Towner Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Dunseith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Towner Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for North Dakota
About Rolette County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dunseith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dunseith), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dunseith) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dunseith. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dunseith
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dunseith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8125, Longitude: -100.0618 In this case, the coordinates for Dunseith have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).