Welcome to Elgin ...
While we don't have a date for the founding of Elgin, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated 1897.
Time Zone: Elgin lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The telephone area code for Elgin: (506)
The Canadian Postal Codes for Elgin: E4Z, E5T<1>
Communities Also Named Elgin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 40 communities that are also named Elgin - they are located in Alabama (2), Arizona (2), Arkansas, British Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (2), Manitoba, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick, New York, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma (2), Ontario (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Quebec, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas, Utah (2), Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Elgin.
Communities near Elgin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Elgin.
- Salisbury Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salisbury Parish
- Salisbury Parish lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the north of Elgin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salisbury Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salisbury Parish
- Sussex Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sussex Corner
- Sussex Corner lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Elgin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sussex Corner
- Havelock Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Havelock Parish
- Havelock Parish lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Elgin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Havelock Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Havelock Parish
- Alma Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Parish
- Alma Parish lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Elgin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alma Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Parish
- Pollett River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pollett River
- Pollett River lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Elgin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pollett River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pollett River
- Mechanic Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mechanic Settlement
- Mechanic Settlement lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Elgin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mechanic Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mechanic Settlement
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Elgin ...
Looking for more information about Elgin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Elgin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Elgin.
Adding Elgin to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Elgin was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Elgin.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elgin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Elgin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Elgin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Elgin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elgin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elgin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ElginOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elgin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7972, Longitude: -65.1092 |
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|